Why You Should Ditch Sugar Today!
Everyone knows that too much sugar is unhealthy and that moderation is key, but why should you ditch sugar completely? Here are my top eight reasons to eliminate sugar from your diet today!
- Too Much Sugar Can Lead to Diabetes: Sugar has been proven to play a large factor in the development of type II diabetes. Even people seen as “skinny” are at risk of becoming pre-diabetic if they over consume sugar. The best way to avoid this is by significantly reducing your consumption of sugar.
- Sugar Messes With Your Head: Consuming large amounts of sugar can cause major hormonal issues. Because the added sugar manipulates your hunger hormone receptors into not receiving the message that you have eaten, you will never feel quite full, explaining why you may feel hungry when you eat a diet high in sugar.
- Sugar Can Accelerate the Progression of Cancer: Because sugar is essential for malignant cells to grow, sugar can “feed cancer.” Need I say more?
- Sugar Makes You Fat (Obviously): If you consume a large amount of sugar every day, you may notice fat accumulating in places you have not noticed before. Because sugar signals your body to store fat instead of burn fat, your body will immediately begin to hold fat in places that make it extremely hard to work off.
- Sugar is Genetically Modified: More than 50 percent of sugar in the United States comes from genetically modified crops. To avoid this genetically modified sugar, seek out sugar or products labeled as 100 percent organic.
- Sugar is Addictive: Consuming too much sugar can lead to the “shut down” of your neurotransmitters that signal the release of dopamine. This causes you to eat more and more sugar until the neurotransmitters are triggered.
- Sugar Clogs Your Arteries: Yep, you read that right. Over time, eating too much sugar will ravage your endothelium. The endothelium is a layer of cells that protect your red blood cells. Once the endothelium is damaged, red blood cells will have a significantly harder time getting oxygen to parts of your body, causing clogged arteries.
- Sugar Can Kill Your Sex Drive: Because sugar plays a massive part in clogging your arteries and restricting blood flow, when the time comes, you may not be able to perform. Taking in too much sugar during the day can result in erectile dysfunction in men and sexual arousal disorder in women.